Simone suggests a good topic: a collection of wireless hotspots around town. Useful for the laptop set (or wardrivers). (She also suggested a rating system for them, but I’m not that far along.) Between us, we came up with a few:
- DiLusso’s: You need to access their site first when going online.
- Bellatazza (downtown and in Sunriver)
- The Columbia River Bank parking lot—they have an unsecured connection
I also did a quick sweep online for hotspot access maps; I’ve seen these around before. One site, JiWire, lists 19 spots, five of which are free:
- The Bend Visitor and Convention Bureau
- Bellatazza (again)
- The Phoenix Inn
- Kava Coffee on the westside
- The Crown Villa RV Resort
Interestingly, Google Maps will also show you Bend hotspots… just search for "bend oregon wifi hotspots". This of course gives you a handy map as well. Unfortunately, there’s no indication as to which ones of these are free.
Anyone have others to list? We’ll start compiling them here…