Just thought I’d write up a short report to the Farmer’s Market that started today down in the park. It was a nice day for it, and there were a fair number of people about. I was wandering around about 3:30… off the top of my head, there were:
- Beverages; chai, and fresh strawberry lemonade
- Roasted chestnuts
- Several meat vendors: fresh, smoked, sausage, etc.
- A fish vendor
- Fresh flowers, and plants (tomatoes)
- Lots of fresh fruits and veggies: zucchini for 50 cents apiece; carrots, onions, shallots, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh greens, herbs; strawberries, raspberries, blackberries; more I’m sure
- A mushroom vendor, next to the cheese people
- Fresh bread from several vendors
- Cookies! A big table with many big cookies for $1 each, or 6 for $5
- Soaps, and other crafts
Some of the fresh stuff looked a little early; the blackberries, in particular (they looked suspiciously more like marionberries to me) looked premature. And there was live music, too. All in all, a nice outing… I bought a big cookie to enjoy and some dried apples to bring home (my wife just earlier bought cookies, sugar snap peas, strawberries, and a tomato plant).
I’ll definitely be there next week.