We went out of town for the weekend and when we got back it was July. Where’d the year go? The Fourth is in two days already!
Lots of things happening, too.
- Start the day at 8am with the annual Pancake Breakfast in Drake Park.
- If you feel like doing something healthier than pancakes and syrup, the Spark Your Heart 5K Run/Walk kicks off at 8am. $25 registration fee through midnight tonight, $30 for late registration.
- The Pet Parade starts at 10am downtown.
- After the Parade, the festival continues in Drake Park, which is set up with artisan and food booths, live music, and games from 11 to 4.
- The library is having their Friends of the Library Summer Sale, from 10 to 4. That’s at the usual location of the administration building.
- The Deschutes Historical Society has free admission and ice cream all day, from 10 to 4:30.
- Ride along in the Freedom Ride! Join other riders at Pioneer Park at 2pm and be a part of the bike parade around town.
- The Farmer’s Market is going on as usual, at the top of Drake Park from 3 to 7.
- Finally, the fireworks show from Pilot Butte starts at 10pm.
Update: Adding the two events from Jen and Lyle, in the comments.