The new Summer 2007 issue of Gusto is out, and it features their 2007 Reader’s Choice Awards for local restaurants. And you all know I’m a sucker for "Best Of" lists, right?
(As an aside, have I never blogged about Gusto here before? Apparently not… it’s the ultra-glossy "premiere" magazine for Central Oregon’s food and drink scene… a la Bend Living. The main difference is, it’s free. I actually rather like it, despite that I sometimes find it overly pretentious.)
Some of the highlights…
- McKay Cottage was voted 4 titles: Best Service, Best Waitress, Best Breakfast, Best Burger.
- Toomies was voted Best Asian.
- La Rosa was voted Best Mexican.
- Tumalo Feed Company was voted Best Steak.
- Scanlon’s was voted Best Fine Dining.
- Deschutes Brewery was voted Best Family Dining (???) and Best Local Brewery.
So what’s up with the Brewery and "Best Family Dining"? I mean, we’ve taken the kids there and they like it, but best? I wouldn’t have seen that coming…