So we’ve been watching a bit of the KOHD news since it launched this week, and I have some initial impressions.
- Very polished-looking, high production values, technology is there
- The newscasters seem comfortable, not too many mistakes or stuttering
- They seem to have an interactive portion of the (6 o’clock, at least) newscast, where they take and address user emails in real time… interesting…
- Very professional-looking
- They have none of the (extremely) poor video/broadcast quality that plagued KFXO when they started; and in fact, their quality is so good that it looks to me to even leapfrog right over KTVZ‘s
- I’d say where they lag behind KTVZ is the weather, though they do a very good job of it
All in all, I think it’s a very successful, very well-done newscast. It certainly looks to me like it ‘casts out of a bigger city/studio, not what we’ve come to expect locally.