As famed British wine critic Michael Broadbent once wrote, “Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life’s most civilized pleasures.” In this spirit, the Jackalope Grill’s Chef Timothy Garling has partnered with Bend WineStyles to present an Autumn Winemakers Dinner on Sunday, November 18. Starting at 6:00 p.m., a special six-course menu will be served with domestic and imported wines selected to pair perfectly with each dish.
The Autumn Winemakers Dinner Menu includes:
- Oyster Rockefeller
- Winter Squash Soup (with scotch cream)
- Pan-Seared Day Boat Scallop (with forbidden rice and citrus beurre blanc)
- Cascade Natural Petite Beef Tender (with roast garlic crushed potatoes, haricots verts, cabernet-thyme jus)
- Green Salad (gathered greens, champagne vinaigrette)
- Oregon Pear Croustarde (with homemade vanilla ice cream)
As each course and its accompanying wine selection are served, WineStyles owners Luiz and Jill Souto-Maior will discuss the wine, its characteristics and why it was paired with the dish.
The Jackalope Grill is located just off Reed Market road in the Scandia Plaza, 1245 SE Third St. (S. Hwy. 97) in Bend.