After blogging about the Bulletin letter forum yesterday, I wondered about how many other online forums/bulletin boards there are out there dedicated to Bend. There’s a few I know about, and others I’ve dug up via search; I don’t know offhand how active any of these are (other than if they’ve obviously been updated recently), but I figured I’d list what I found.
(I’m not even counting blogs or other similar sites where people can simply leave comments; I’m just looking at sites that offer threaded conversations.)
- Bend Forums – General forums
- Bend Economy Bulletin Board – bulletin board with topics along the lines of the "bubble bloggers"
- BendBulletinBoard.net – which I covered yesterday
- Bend Weekly Community Forums – hosted by the Bend Weekly news(paper) site
- OregonLive.com Bend Forum – The Oregonian’s website (they host quite a number of forums)
- Topix Bend Forum – forums/message boards hosted by news site Topix
- TripAdvisor Bend Forum – strangely enough, a forum hosted by the travel site
- craigslist forums – by default part of the entire craigslist forum portfolio, but you can filter by Bend only
Those are the ones I can definitively point to, though I’m sure there are more. But there’s a whole other class of sites that are similar to forums but aren’t quite: "Groups" from the portal/search sites like Google, Yahoo, MSN; social networking groups/directories on sites like MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn; or "middle tier" sites (or private ones) that have forums embedded in them. Perhaps at some point I’ll create a list of all those that I find.
Are there other forums for Bend that anyone wants to contribute?