I first posted a review on La Costa Azul back in May of last year; it’s the Mexican restaurant up on Bend’s north side, on the corner of Empire Boulevard and Layton Avenue. We’ve been there a few times since then, most recently last night for dinner; here are some notes.
- They finally got their liquor license, after who-knows-how-long. Finally! My wife and I both had Perfect Margaritas for $7.50 each; I’m not a margarita aficionado but I thought it was pretty decent.
- Kids meals are a pretty good deal: $4 and a good portion of food.
- They have a new sign hanging outside: "Now under new management." ??
- I thought the food was good, with a "but": for the prices per entrée that they charge, I think they need to increase the portions. Other Mexican places in town set the standard here.
- Service was friendly, and quick. There was also more business in last night that we’ve seen in the past.
La Costa Azul
63055 Layton Avenue
Bend, OR 97701