Halloween falls on a Friday this year, which seems like it would be ideal for parties and such (don’t have to go to work the next day with a candy/alcohol/fog machine hangover). So besides trick or treating and/or whatever costume party you’ve been invited to, here’s a rundown of other things going on the 31st:
- McMenamins is hosting a "Property-wide Halloween Bash", free admission, 21 and over, with live music starting at 8pm. Wear a costume! There "could be a prize at the end."
- JC’s is having their annual Halloween party: no cover, live DJ, costume contest. Oh yeah, and Wildfire brews, too.
- COCC is hosting a live cabaret version of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- There’s the HDC Halloween Party and Drag Show starting at 8pm at the Midtown Ballroom.
- The movie version of Rocky Horror is going to be at the Tower Theatre starting at 10pm. $10 and they emphasize that it’s a dry show. Several times. (Bonus if you know what that means.) Also a costume contest and giveaways.
- Working Wonders Children’s Museum in the Old Mill is hosting free festivities from 2 to 6pm: "Kids are encouraged to dress up in their costumes and head down to the Old Mill District for pumpkin painting, bag decorating and silly, slippery slime! Afterward, kids can go trick or treating throughout the shops."
- Power 94 (the radio station) is having a "Monster Ball" at the Old Stone Church on Franklin. (I actually had to look up "Old Stone Church".) 21 and over, the party features live music/DJ and goes from 8pm until 2am. And there’s $2000 in prizes for their costume contest as well.
- Sunriver is featuring a free Halloween Carnival from 4 to 7pm at the Sunriver Village Mall. Trick or treating, games, costume contests, and a haunted house. For all ages.