Today is the first day of the Deschutes County Fair, which runs through Saturday. Each day the hours for the Fair are 10am until 11pm, and the admission costs are:
- Adults (13+): $9/day
- Children (6-12): $6/day
- Children (5 yrs & under): FREE
- Seniors (62 and over): $6/day (Wed FREE)
- Adult 4-day pass (13yrs+): $17
- Children & Seniors 4-Day Pass: $11
Of course, I previously blogged about Friday being free before 3pm: you will need the coupons from the Bulletin, though, in order to get in. (Though I confess last year I remember they just waved us through without checking the coupons…)
In addition to the normal Fair activities (carnival rides, craft and food displays, livestock judging, etc.), the Deschutes County Rodeo is also going on in the evenings, and there are three concerts:
- Jake Owen: 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 29. Listen to The Mountain 99.7 for free tickets.
- Peter Frampton: 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 30. Listen to The Twins 98.3 for free tickets.
- Lady Antebellum: 7:00 p.m. on Friday, July 31. Listen to The Mountain 99.7 for free tickets.
Not sure if you can get tickets any other way than listening to the radio though.
It’s going to be really hot this week (mid-90s at least), so my advice is to get there early while it’s still relatively cool and slather on the sunscreen.