It’s Friday, the unofficial start of the weekend, so I thought I’d throw out another "Weekend happenings" post to highlight some of the weekend fun. This will likely become a regular feature (depending on how ambitious I can be Friday mornings).
- Wine by the River starts today; I covered this here already. Friday and Saturday, 1pm to 9pm and noon to 8pm, respectively.
- The Farmer’s Market is at the St. Charles Hospital entrance today, from 2 until 6pm.
- Backporch Coffee is hosting free short films and music tonight at 7pm.
- Broken Down Guitars is playing a free show at Cross Creek Cafe in Redmond, tonight at 7pm.
- Silver Moon Brewing is hosting Nershi and Law Duo at 9pm, with a $10 cover.
- Wine by the River continues.
- The Central Oregon Saturday Market is from 10 to 4, across from the Bend Public Library.
- The Blacksmith is hosting a Mixology class with bartender Columbine Quillen, starting at 2pm and costing $25. You’ll learn how to mix the perfect drink, and the price includes three cocktails and appetizers as well.
- Sunriver Resort is hosting a Brewmaster Dinner featuring Full Sail Brewing; a five-course dinner paired with Full Sail beers, costs $59. Call 593-4609 for info and reservations.
- More live music at Silver Moon: Ten Foot Tall and 80 Proof, starting at 9pm with a $5 cover.
- Free Summer Sundays concert at Les Schwab Amphitheater: Kidstock – U.S. School of Rock Allstars. Show starts at 2:30, gates open at 1pm.
- Joan Baez is playing the Athletic Club of Bend, starting at 6:30pm. Tickets might be sold out already—I’m actually not sure—but if not, they’re available at Newport Avenue Market for $14.