Seems like there’s a bit of autumn in the air this first weekend of September; this weekend is going to be cooler according to the weather reports. Tonight it’s supposed to be 65° by 9pm, which isn’t too bad for First Friday walkers.
And today is the full moon. Make of that what you will.
- The Bend Farmers Market is at the St. Charles entrance today, from 2 until 6pm.
- It’s First Friday, so that means Art Walk in Downtown and the Old Mill, where art galleries stay open late and host receptions and (often) refreshments. There’s bound to be some live music, too. From 5 until 9pm.
- Munch and Movies continues tonight with "Twilight". Things start at 6pm and the movie starts at dusk, at Compass Park in Northwest Crossing.
- Kim Kelley is playing at Silver Moon Brewing tonight, starting at 9. Folk music for a $5 cover charge.
- You’ll find the Saturday Market at its place across from the Bend Public Library, from 10 until 4.
- Bonnie Raitt is playing the Les Schwab Amphitheater, with special guest Taj Mahal, at 6:30. (Gates open at 5.) Tickets should still be available at the Ticket Mill in the Old Mill, but Ticketmaster tells me they are $73(!).
- Silver Moon sees the music of Wendy Darling and Flyer, indie and rock music, for a $5 cover. Starting at 9, of course.
- The only thing I have on the calendar is another Silver Moon show: Naomi and the Courteous Rudeboys ("Cali-funk, soul & reggae") and Cornflower ("beat-box, looping electro-pop"). Show at 9, cover charge is $7.