Another weekend upon us already! Summer is winding down, the days are noticeably shorter, kids are back in school. What’s going on this weekend?
- The Bend Farmers Market is at the St. Charles entrance today, from 2 until 6pm.
- It’s the final night of Munch and Movies, taking place at Compass Park in Northwest Crossing. Tonight’s movie is "Kung Fu Panda", and it’s free to come watch. M&M starts at 6 with live music and food vendors, and the movie starts at dusk.
- Matt Hopper and the Roman Candles are playing live at Silver Moon Brewing at 9pm. Cover charge is $7.
- The Saturday Market continue at its place across from the Bend Public Library, from 10 until 4.
- The final Northwest Crossing Farmers Market is taking place from 10am until 2pm, right in the heart of the NWX commercial district.
- The Little Woody, the barrel-aged beer festival I’ve been blogging about, takes place from noon until 10pm downtown at the Deschutes Historical Museum lawn. All our local breweries will be represented (but alas, the homebrew club cannot pour their beer after all) with special beers for the event. $6 admission, no kids allowed. $15 for the taster package.
- The Bend VFW is hosting a free barbecue (donations requested) to help support our troops; it takes place at the VFW at 1503 N.E. 4th St. and starts at 2pm.
- Los Tikkilyches (straight out of Mexico) are playing Silver Moon Brewing at 9pm. Cover charge is $5.
- The Great Drake Park Duck Race kicks off from 11am until 4pm. Music, food, and activities are punctuated by the actual Duck Race when the ducks hit the water at 2pm.
- Sunday night at 9pm, Silver Moon Brewing is featuring Sleep Waves and The Sofa Kings. Only a $3 cover.