The first weekend of October, and the cold weather is on us; I think I even heard some forecast mention snow, though I very much have my doubts about that.
- It’s First Friday, which means the art galleries and shops downtown, in the Old Mill District, and in Northwest Crossing are all open later hours (5pm until 9pm), often offering up refreshments and live music as well. But wait! It’s also the twice-a-year Art Hop! It’s basically more of the same, only amped up.
- There’s also a shuttle service going on during First Friday/Art Hop:
Catch the free shuttle driven by Bend’s own John Flannery of Green Energy Transport to take you from downtown Bend to the Old Mill District and Northwest Crossing to celebrate wine, art & music all over Bend. The shuttle runs from 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and leaves from 900 Wall St. beginning at 5 p.m. The loop is about an hour and is free for riders.
(Picked that tidbit up from Visit Bend.)
- The Bend Fall Festival starts today. Like the other seasonal ‘fests, downtown streets will be closed and there will be artists and vendors set up and selling their wares, free live music across several stages, food, beer, and wine, and more.
- The Deschutes Public Library is having their quarterly Friends of the Library Book Sale, in the Administration building from 10am until 4pm. You know I always recommend this—I loves me some cheap books!
- At Silver Moon Brewing starting at 9pm, Longbottom Leaf is bringing their acoustic music to Bend from Ashland, and the cover is only $3.
- The Bend Fall Festival continues.