Another weekend is upon us already and there’s a few things going on. The biggest and most obvious is the BendFilm Festival, which started yesterday, and packs a ton of movies, short films, parties and more into four busy days (concluding on Sunday).
Other stuff going on:
- Silver Moon Brewing has Tom Catmull and the Clerics playing tonight at 9pm, bringing Americana music to the brewpub. Cover is $5.
- The Central Oregon Trail Alliance is having their Biketoberfest Trail Work Party, from 9 to 2pm, with an after party from 2 until 6 at the Wanoga Complex parking lot. Additional info:
We will meet at the Park and ride(Colorado & Simpson) by 9 a.m.,then divide into work parties. Food and beverage will be provided to all volunteers at the BBQ.
Remember to bring plenty of water, safety glasses, gloves, sturdy shoes, sunscreen and lots of friends.
- The Original Central Oregon Pumpkin Festival kicks off from 10 until 4 out at Tillicum Ranch (off Couch Market road west of Bend towards Sisters). Pumpkins to pick, hay rides, live entertainment, a haunted barn, lots of kids activities, food. (No dogs allowed.) Kids activities cost money (not much), adults are free.
- At two o’clock there is a Mixology Class with Columbine Quillen at The Blacksmith. The cost is $25 and you’ll need to call 318-0588 for reservations.
- Silver Moon hosts Planet Loop and Thumbrprint Collective at 9pm. World/jazz/electronica music for a $5 cover.
- The Janks and AM Interstate are playing at Silver Moon at 9pm. Indie rock music for a $7 cover.