Couple of email dispatches from the Deschutes County offices:
First, the County has a new draft of the "Comprehensive Plan" that they’re offering open houses over the next couple of months for residents to offer feedback on. What is it?
The Comprehensive Plan is a blueprint of how and where growth and development occur and natural resources are protected in the unincorporated areas of the County for the next 20 years. The draft Plan is based on public input received over the past year, changes to state law, coordination with other agencies and organizations and analysis of current conditions and trends.
It’s the first time a new draft has been prepared since 1979. This type of thing sounds like it could be rife with controversy.
Here’s their schedule of public meetings:
- 10-27-09 Brothers – Brothers School 6-8 p.m.
- 10-28-09 Redmond – Redmond Fire Station 6-8 p.m.
- 11-10-09 La Pine – Mid-State Electric Building 6-8 p.m.
- 11-30-09 Sunriver – Three Rivers School 6-8 p.m.
- 12-7-09 Bend – Deschutes County Services Center 6-8 p.m.
- 12-9-09 Sisters – Sisters Library 6-8 p.m.
Next, the Cascade Lakes Highway is being closed tomorrow, the 27th, at 9am. The weather’s moving in, folks. They’re talking about snow in the weather reports.