Looking for something to do on Halloween? There’s a ton going on, both on the 31st and the days before as well. Here’s the list:
- The Deschutes County Fairgrounds is hosting their "ScareGrounds" featuring "The Haunt at Juniper Hollow" and "Dark Intentions" running on a number of days this month, including the 28th through the 31st. You’ll need to buy tickets and they recommend children to be ages 12 and up (though not required).
- Don’t forget you can catch a showing of Evil Dead: The Musical at the 2nd Street Theater right up until the 31st—when they will present a midnight show, "Rocky Horror" style.
- Bouncing off the Wall is having a Halloween party Thursday (the 29th). Unfortunately I don’t have any other details but you can always call them at 306-6587.
- There’s a Family Halloween Party at the Athletic Club of Bend Friday night (the 30th), from 6 until 8:30pm. It’s taking place at the basketball court, and you’ll need to RSVP at the front desk. (Thanks, Jen!)
- Person People is playing at the Domino Room Friday night; while not explicitly a Halloween event, it’s "Mischief Night" and people are encouraged to wear costumes. The show starts at 8pm and costs $10.
- Deschutes Brewery is having their Halloween Fresh Hop Beer Tasting on Friday the 30th. They will be pouring at least six fresh hop beers and costumes are encouraged. $40 per person, starting at 6pm at the Mountain Room. Call 385-8606 to get in.
- The Monster Ball is taking place at the Old Stone Church Friday night (the 30th), starting at 8pm and lasting until whenever. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door; with lots of live music and a costume contest with prizes for the funniest, scariest, and naughtiest costumes, this is sure to be a wild party.
- The Old Mill District is hosting a Halloween Party from 2-6p. There will be trick-or-treat for candy, healthy snacks and toys in each of the Old Mill District stores. Crafts will be hosted in Central Plaza (by the footbridge) by Arts Central and will include treat bag decorating, pumpkin painting, spooky sensory boxes and more. There will also be wagon rides as well as a special one-day reopening of Working Wonders Children’s Museum. (Thanks, Cassondra!)
- CAT6 is having their party from noon on the 31st until 2am: "Spend this Halloween with your friends at CAT6. We’ll be running contests and mini-tournaments for prizes. Wear a video-game related costume and get a free candy! Best costume wins a 1-Year Family Membership to the lounge!!"
- Halloween is Carnivore Day at the High Desert Museum: "See our meat-eating animals enjoy special treats and other activities throughout the day."
- The Bend Factory Stores (AKA the Factory Outlets) are having their First Annual Halloween Festival from 10am until 4pm, with Trick-or-Treating among 21 of the Mall’s stores from 4 to 8pm: "The Halloween Festival will feature Bouncy Houses, Face Painting, Balloon Creations, & Delicious Food! Entrance to the event is FREE and includes a Treasure Hunt for the first 100 kids with Prizes and Goody Bags. Make sure to arrive in the morning if you want to participate in the Treasure Hunt."
- The Tower Theatre is presenting a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween night. $10, all ages, doors open at 9pm, costume judging (of course!) is at 9:30, and the film starts at 10.
- The Run Like Hell! Half Marathon starts in the morning at 8:30pm. It’s a fundraiser and for Halloween is featuring a costume contest and an afterparty at Deschutes Brewery.
- The (new) Maragas Tap Room is featuring a Halloween Beatnik Bash from 3pm until 10, featuring live music with no cover charge. Beer on tap is $2.50, and wine on tap is $4, $5, and $6.
- Cascade Village (the shopping center at the north end of Bend) is featuring Trick-or-Treating from 5 to 7pm Halloween night.
- Kids can Trick-or-Treat at the Bend Police Department and get a Halloween goodie bag between 5 and 8pm.
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is having their Halloween Party in the Theater, featuring the Empty Space Orchestra and MC Mosley Wotta. It starts at 9pm and is 21 and over.
- McMenamins is also having a DJ’d Costume Dance Party in Father Luke’s Room, starting at 9pm—also 21 and over.
- Seven Nightclub is celebrating their first birthday with "Flesh for Fantasy: A Halloween Experience." It starts at 6:30pm, and yes, I’m guessing it will be exactly as the name sounds…
Have I missed anything?