Sometimes you don’t feel like cooking on Thanksgiving, or perhaps your plans fell through, or perhaps you have no other alternatives to a Thanksgiving meal. If you need other plans for your Thanksgiving dinner, here are some I’ve found around Central Oregon:
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is hosting a Thanksgiving Buffet from 1pm until 7pm. You’ll need reservations, and costs are: $23.95 adults; $18.95 senior; $11.95 kids 6-12; free for kids 5 and under. Their blurb:
This holiday, let us handle the food — you bring the guests. Make reservations (early!) for the whole family to meet for an incredible meal with all the traditional American fixings. Throw in some handcrafted ales, wines and spirits, and it’ll certainly be a Thanksgiving to give thanks about!
- The Jackalope Grill is open and featuring a Thanksgiving dinner from 1pm until 5pm. They’ll be serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal (as well as items from their regular menu).
- The Lodge at Suttle Lake is offering "Thanksgiving at the Boathouse": $29.95 Adults, $15.95 children 10 and under. I don’t have times though, so call 541-595-2267 to find out more.
- The Trinity Episcopal Church downtown is having their Community Thanksgiving Dinner hosted by the Hunger Prevention Coalition from 11am until 2pm. They accept volunteers and donations to help, you can find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jake’s Diner is hosting their Fifth Annual Thanksgiving Meal for Seniors from 12pm to 5pm. For $7.95 they serve Thanksgiving dinner to seniors in the area who do not have family here; the restaurant is closed for the occasion and staffed by volunteers.
- Sunriver Resort is having their Thanksgiving Feast in their Great Hall: $39 adults; $19 children 6-12; complimentary for children 5 and under. Reservations required. It takes place from 1pm to 7pm, and you can make reservations by calling 800-486-8591.
- The Blacksmith is featuring Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday: a four course pri fix menu for $30 a person and a smaller version for children under 12 for $15. They feature the menu on the blog post I linked, which has traditional dishes; the regular Blacksmith menu will be available too.
Any other suggestions? Leave ’em in the comments!