There’s a pretty good variety of things going on this weekend, check it out:
- Tonight it’s First Friday in Downtown Bend, the Old Mill District, and Northwest Crossing: also know as the Art Walk where galleries stay open late with receptions, featuring guest artists and new exhibits. There’s also been known to be live music and refreshments (wine!). From 5 until 9pm tonight.
- During Art Walk, Lahaina Galleries is featuring their Annual Holiday Show, featuring original artwork that will be unveiled from three artists (who will be attending). Also 5 to 9.
- At Paradigm Artist suites (upstairs from Local Joes), there will be featured Portland filmmaker Phil Davis (who will be there in person) and his documentary "Living in Community", about a community working hard to live sustainably away from modern society. It takes place at 7pm. (During Art Walk.) Also featuring artwork by Karen Eland and Coffee Creations and Photography from Native American Artist Forest James.
- Mark Ransom and The Mostest (with special guest Brad Jones) is the featured show at Silver Moon Brewing tonight. Rock/folk music for a $5 cover. The show starts at 9pm.
- The Bend Christmas Parade is taking place at noon!
- The Good Drop Wine Shoppe is featuring free wine tastings from 11 until 6 for a week starting Saturday. Besides the free tastings, a portion of the proceeds from sales over the week will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Oregon.
- It’s Repeal Day at the Blacksmith: December 5th is the day Prohibition ended, so the Blacksmith is having "a special celebration with a pre-prohibition cocktail list with such delights as the whiskey daisy, the Saratoga brace up, and Santa Cruz sour."
- Bluegrass group the Montana Slim String Band is playing Silver Moon Brewing at 9pm. Cover is $7.