A bunch of stuff going on this holiday weekend.
- WinterFest of course continues at the Old Mill District, from 11am until 10pm with a schedule full of events:
- 11:30am: High School Cross Country Ski Sprint Races
- 2pm: Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe demos
- 5pm: The U.S. Cellular Rail Jam – Snowboard Competition
- 5:30pm: The Dirty Words live on stage
- 7pm: Brynna Dean and Her Sympathetic Strings live on stage
- 8:30pm: Hell’s Belles live on stage
- Ruff Wear is holding a Demo (Sample) Sale from 2 to 4pm: "Ruff Wear Demo and Used Gear Sale – Get your Ruff Wear gear for up to 70% off. We will be selling used, sample and returned gear at major discount. Proceeds to benefit COTA (Central Oregon Trail Alliance)." Cash only sale, and all sales are final.
- Also starting at 2pm is the Central Oregon Symphony Children’s Concert being held at the Bend High School Auditorium—this show is completely free and will be fun and interactive for kids (recommended for ages 5 and older).
- Silver Moon Brewing is hosting a WinterFest afterparty starting at 9pm, featuring Brynna Dean and her Sympathetic Strings (who also plays WF at 7pm). Cost is $3 to get in if you have a WinterFest button, $5 otherwise.
- Saturday is also Zwickelmania, a free Oregon beer celebration hosted by the Oregon Brewers Guild. Our local breweries are participating with free tours (roughly scheduled from 11 to 4) and have some specials planned:
- Deschutes Brewery will have samples of 2009 Super Jubel available in the tasting room (along with tours).
- Bend Brewing is featuring a special tour of the brewhouse and they should have their award-winning HopHead and Outback X on tap.
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is featuring their "1000 Mile Journey Baltic Porter, the 1000th batch brewed on site at St. Francis".
- Silver Moon Brewing will be holding tours and I just got an email saying, "To celebrate Valentine’s Day, [the brewers] have put together a half barrel of Chocolate Snake Bite Porter, and it is due to be tapped around 12 noon today."
- 10 Barrel, Cascade Lakes, and Three Creeks will all be doing tours, as well.
- More WinterFest from 11am to 6pm, including:
- 1 to 2pm: The Sled Dawg Races (for humans)
- 1, 3, and 5pm: Metal Mulisha (motocross)
- Valentine’s Day at the Blacksmith, mixing up aphrodisiac cocktails with Columbine starting at 1pm. ($25)
- Montana Slim String Band plays Silver Moon Brewing at 7pm. Cover is $8, or 2 for $15.