It’s time (again) for one of America’s favorite co-opted [drinking] holidays—Cinco de Mayo! I’ve been looking around online for specific Cinco de Mayo-related events, and have thus far found a surprising scarcity of them.
The Mexican restaurants will of course be celebrating the day and will be good destinations. Here are some other happenings that I found:
- JC’s Bar & Grill is featuring $3 margaritas, Pacificos, and Coronas.
- Over at Seven Restaurant and Nightclub, Salsa dancing is the order of the night, with drink specials.
- The Summit Saloon is planning a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta with Mexican food and drink specials.
- Eric Tollefson will be playing Father Luke’s Room at McMenamins starting at 7pm—a free, all-ages show.
- Resource Fair and Cinco de Mayo Celebration in Sisters: A bilingual community-resource fair with information on health care, housing, education, employment and more; with music and folkloric dancing; free; 5-8 p.m.; Sisters Elementary School, 611 E. Cascade Ave.; 541-588-6298. (via the Bulletin)
- Miguel writes:
My name is Miguel and I’m a server at Rancho Viejo in Sisters…we have a special going on this week: Lobster Enchiladas for only $16.95. They are the best enchiladas in the world. And of course, we have wonderful pomegranate margaritas…perfect for Cinco De Mayo. Tell your server that Miguel sent you!!
- Hola! posted on Facebook:
BIG CINCO DE MAYO CELEBRATIONS at both Hola locations. Carnitas, LIVE Music, and of course the best Margaritas and Pisco Sours! Join us from 5pm to 10pm tonight!
- Joolz posted on Facebook:
hibiscus hand-squeezed margarita, lebanese margarita with almandrado, big juicy grapefruit margarita, shaniko lamb tamales with chopped salad and harissa masa…sorry no re-fried beans… come on in, happy cinco de mayo with a twist
- Newport Avenue Market has specials on Corona and Pacifico beer today.
Know of others? Leave a note in the comments or let me know directly.