Hopefully we’ll see some nicer weather rolling in for the weekend, though I re-tweeted last night that Balloons Over Bend had to cancel all of their Friday (today) balloon flights due to a forecast of heavy winds. Otherwise, BoB has things going on all weekend down at the Les Schwab Amphitheater and Old Mill District.
- The Farmers Market is out at St. Charles Hospital’s parking lot today, their first Friday out there of the season. They’re open from 2 to 6pm.
- Speaking of firsts, tonight is First Friday downtown, in the Old Mill, and Northwest Crossing, where the art galleries stay open late and host receptions from 5 until 9pm—many with refreshments and/or live music. Downtown Bend’s website has a blog post detailing the downtown offerings for tonight.
- Volcano Vineyards is hosting musician Mark Barringer (for First Friday), completely free (but you should enjoy some of their wine) from 6 until 9pm.
- Tyrone Wells is playing at the Annex (Midtown Music Hall) starting at 9pm. Tickets are available for presale on bendticket.com for $10, otherwise it’s $12 at the door. Local favorite Eric Tollefson will open for him.
- Whiskey Rebellion is playing at Silver Moon Brewing across the street also starting at 9pm; cover is $5.
- From 10 to 4pm is the Central Oregon Saturday Market downtown across the street from the Library.
- The National Beard and Moustache Championships is finally here!!! (Extra exclamation points seemed appropriate somehow.) The action invades the Les Schwab Amphitheater from 2 until 9:30pm, and it’ll cost you $10 to get in.
- Silver Moon Brewing presents The White Buffalo and Anastacia both live starting at 9pm. You can buy tickets on bendticket.com for $7, or pay $10 at the door.
- (Updated!) The Larkspur Festival is taking place at Larkspur Park off Reed Market Road, from 10 until 3pm.
- Newport Avenue Market has a free beer tasting (used to be Thursdays, now it’s on Sundays) from 3:30 until 6pm.
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is presenting their “Theater with Beer” series, Lamppost Reunion: an adult-fare show that requires minors to be present with an adult. Starts at 6pm, bendticket.com has tickets for $12.50 or $15 cash at the door.