Time for another rundown of what’s going on in Bend this weekend.
- The Farmers Market is down at St. Charles Hospital’s parking lot from 2 until 6pm.
- It’s First Friday! Downtown Bend, the Old Mill District, and Northwest Crossing are participating in the First Friday Art Walk, where the galleries stay open late and often offer live music, food, and beverages (wine!). The Downtown Bend site has their comprehensive FF guide up, and Deschutes Brewery will be featuring a “back alley BBQ” for First Friday as well. Time is from 5 until 9pm (and sometimes later).
- Over at McMenamins Old St. Francis School, The Parson Red Heads are playing a free show starting at 7pm (in Father Luke’s Room).
- Silver Moon Brewing is featuring both Emma Hill and her Gentlemen Callers and Audiafauna tonight live, starting at 9pm. Cover is only $5.
- The Central Oregon Saturday Market takes its place across from the Bend Library from 10 until 4pm.
- Also from 10 until 4 is the Race for the River event put on by the Deschutes River Conservancy. Participants will be starting at Riverbend Park and finishing at the Les Schwab Amphitheater, where there will be food, beverages, and live music.
- The Bend Elks are playing the Wenatchee AppleSox and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the local chapter of Walk to Defeat ALS. The game starts at 6:35pm and don’t forget it’s $2 Tuesday on Saturday.
- The Free Summer Sundays Concert Series at the Les Schwab Amphitheater kicks off at 2:30 (with gates opening at 1) with eclectic trio Dangermuffin on stage.
- Enjoy “Sudsy Sunday” at Newport Avenue Market, their free beer tasting from 3:30 until 6pm.
- Silver Moon Brewing is hosting William Fitzsimmons with Rosi Golan starting at 8pm, a big show you should probably buy presale tickets from bendticket.com for $12 — otherwise it’s $15 at the door.