Big holiday weekend, this first one of September. In addition to the events highlighted below, check out the calendars at Visit Bend and The Source to round out your weekend.
- The Farmers Market is at their Friday location at the St. Charles Hospital parking lot from 2 until 6pm. September is the final month for the Friday Farmers Market.
- The Little Woody, Bend’s second annual barrel-aged beer festival, kicks off at 5pm (and lasts until 10) down at the Deschutes Historical Museum lawn. 21 and older, please.
- It’s First Friday as well! Downtown Bend, the Old Mill District, and Northwest Crossing get popping with the First Friday Art Walk as galleries stay open late with receptions and showings of guest artists. Many feature live music and wine and refreshments, too. The Downtown Bend site has a good guide for the participating businesses downtown. 5 until 9pm.
- The final Munch and Movies starts at 6pm (with the movie itself starting at dusk), featuring “The Wizard of Oz” for the night’s movie. It takes place at Compass Park in Northwest Crossing, and will feature entertainment before the movie starts, as well as food vendors.
- The Central Oregon Saturday Market is having their Labor Day sale (two days), downtown across from the Bend Public Library from 10 until 4pm.
- The Little Woody continues, running from noon until 10pm. Lots of live music will be featured both days, and in addition to beer there will be a bourbon tasting, food, and wine and cocktails available. Remember, 21 and over only.
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is featuring Beavers vs. TCU College Football on their theater big screen at 4:45 (doors open an hour prior)—the best part is, it’s free admission. Beer and food is not, however.
- The Central Oregon Saturday Market is in day two of their Labor Day sale, from 10 until 4pm at their usual location.
- Newport Avenue Market has their free “Sudsy Sunday” beer tasting from 3:30 until 6pm.