The Great American Beer Festival was this past weekend, and as usual several of our local breweries brought home medals: no mean feat when the competition consists of over 3500 beers all vying for a win.
This year’s Bend winners are as follows:
- Deschutes Brewery:
- Category 14: Gluten Free Beer: Silver for Gluten Free
- Category 43: Classic English-Style Pale Ale: Gold for Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Category 53: Extra Special Bitter or Strong Bitter: Bronze for Bachelor ESB
- Category 62: German-Style Wheat Ale: Silver for Wowzenbock
- Bend Brewing Company:
- Category 21: Aged Beer: Silver for Cherry Baltic Porter
- Category 78: Old Ale or Strong Ale: Bronze for Outback X
- Silver Moon Brewing:
- Category 26: Bohemian-Style Pilsener: Bronze for Bridge Creek Pilsner
Deschutes and BBC are old hands at this by now, but this is Silver Moon’s first GABF medal, I believe. Congratulations to all three.
And of course, the best way to help them celebrate is to head down to the pubs and drink some of their beer.