Not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving with a home-cooked meal, for some reason or another, and if you’re one of those folks who would rather go out to eat on Turkey Day, there are a number of possibilities for you:
- Common Table, the new non-profit restaurant in Downtown Bend, is hosting a traditional Thanksgiving dinner from 11am until 2pm. “Pay as you are able.”
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School is hosting a Thanksgiving Buffet from 1pm until 7pm on the 25th. You will need to call for reservations, and prices are $23.95 adults; $18.95 seniors; $11.95 kids 6–12; free for kids 5 and under. They’re featuring a fairly traditional menu.
- The Bend Community Center is offering a breakfast and a dinner meal, from 8:30 until 11:30am and noon until 4pm, respectively. All are welcome and the meals are free, and donations are always appreciated. (1036 NE 5th Street, 541-312-2069)
- Sunriver Resort has two Thanksgiving meal options: one at the Great Hall from 1pm until 7:30pm (pricing $39 adults; $19 children 6-12; free for children 5 and under), the other at The Meadows at The Lodge from 2pm until 9pm (pricing $36 adults; $18 children 6-12 years; with kids’ menu available for children 5 and under). Reservations are required.
- The La Pine Community Kitchen is holding a Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday the 24th from noon until 3pm. The meal is free and donations are accepted. (16480 Finley Butte Road, 541-536-1312)
- The Redmond Senior Center is hosting a community dinner open to everyone and free, with donations gratefully accepted. Time is from noon until 3pm. (325 NW Dogwood Avenue, 541-548-5483)
If there are others I’ve missed (I’m sure there are), leave a comment about them!