Easter is this Sunday (as you well know from Katherine’s post yesterday), and among the other goings-on are the ever-popular Easter egg hunts. Unfortunately no one seems to have a single list of all the various egg hunts going on, so here we are.
The Bulletin has the largest list that I’ve found, so I’m shamelessly cribbing from them (their calendar includes the full details and Google map for each):
- 10am Saturday, the 23rd, at the Powell Butte Community Charter School (13650 SW Highway 126, Powell Butte, 541-420-6221). Cost: “Donations of nonperishable food requested”
- 1pm Saturday, at the Smith Rock Community Church (8344 11th St., Terrebonne, 541-548-1315). For children 5 and under. Cost: Free.
- 9-9:45am Sunday, the 24th, at Trinity Lutheran Church & School (2550 NE Butler Market Rd., Bend, 541-382-1832). Cost: Free.
- 11am Sunday, at the Lodge Restaurant at Black Butte Ranch (12930 Hawks Beard, Sisters, 541-595-1260). Ages 4 and older hunt for eggs, in three age-based divisions of egg hunts. Cost: Free.
- 11:15am Sunday, at Mountain View Bible Church (2150 NE Studio Rd., Bend, 541-318-1175 ). Cost: Free.
- Noon, Sunday, at Seventh Mountain Resort (18575 SW Century Dr., Bend, 541-693-9143). Cost: Free.
MyCentralOregon.com lists the Bend Elks Lodge Annual Easter Egg Hunt: 9am Sunday, at Juniper Park. 541-382-1371 for more info.
Mt. Bachelor is having an Easter Egg Hunt, and an Easter Keg Hunt (sponsored by Deschutes Brewery), starting at 9:30am:
- 5 years old and under are at 10:30am and their hunt is located in the Mt Bachelor Ski School pen.
- 6-9 year olds are at 10:00am and at the top of Sunshine lift. Lift ticket or pass required.
- 10-14 year olds are at 9:30am and start at the top of Sunshine lift. Lift ticket or pass required.
- 14 year olds & above are at 11:00am at the top of the Skyliner chair. Lift ticket or pass required.
- Adult Easter KEG (Deschutes Brewery) hunt is an all day, mountain-wide event. Clues will be posted at the top of Pine Marten chair every few hours. The person that finds the hidden keg wins a $150 gift card to Deschutes Brewery! The hunts will be held on the slopes so don’t forget to bring your snow gear. The Easter Egg Hunt is free, but participants (except 5 and under) must have a lift ticket or season pass to participate.
Pronghorn Club & Resort is hosting an Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt Sunday starting at 10:30am, in the Chanterelle restaurant in the Clubhouse. The brunch as two seatings, at 10:30 and 12:30, with the egg hunt at noon; Visit Bend (where I found this) has more details:
$36 Adults, $16 Children Ages 6 to 12, Free for Children 5 and Under
The Easter Egg hunt will be held on the event lawn at noon! The Egg Hunt is $10 per child but is complimentary if staying for Easter brunch! The Easter Bunny and Silly Lilly will also be here!
Contact their Concierge for more information at 541-693-5399.
The Athletic Club of Bend lists on their homepage an Easter Egg Hunt starting at 3pm; no further details that I can find however.
The Unitarian Universalists of Central Oregon are having an Easter Brunch and Easter Egg Hunt Sunday, after their 11am service. All are welcome.
Sunriver Resort is featuring their Great Hall Easter Egg Hunt Sunday beginning at 11:30:
Join the Easter Bunny in his favorite tradition as you look for treat filled eggs. The hunt begins with the youngest age group at 11:30am. Includes an Easter basket, Egg Hunting License and all the eggs the children can find. The Easter Bunny will hide a special egg in each age group with an eggciting prize! Reservations required. 24 hour cancellation policy or full program fee will be charged. $10/child Resort Guest; $12/child General Public.
I’m sure this isn’t complete, but it’s what I’ve been able to dig up so far. Do you know of any others? Leave a note in the comments!