The Salvation Army and the Bend Fire Fighters are participating in the Santa Express again this year; from today (the 5th) through Thursday the 8th, the Santa Express is visiting Bend neighborhoods to collect food, toys, and clothing donations to help support 1800 families requesting support from the Salvation Army this year.
Anything and everything helps, even if its one can of food or a small toy, that donation will go a long ways to providing a good dinner on Christmas and a smile on a child’s face Christmas morning.
Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express food and clothing drive is heading into Bend Neighborhoods Monday December 5th through Thursday December 8th. The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire and Rescue are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys for needy families in Bend and Central Oregon. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
Every little bit helps. Check out the City website link for the neighborhoods the Santa Express will be visiting this week.
And you can of course always drop off donations directly to any of the following locations:
- Bend Fire Department fire station or either (www.ci.bend.or.us for maps) – boxes have been places as of Wednesday 11/10/10 and will be there till Monday 12/20/11
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Drive and Eastside on Neff Road
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B (They are providing discounts off of purchases with a donation)
- Pappy’s Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd
- The Salvation Army at 755 NE 2nd Street, Bend.
- Starbucks – Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, across from Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St
- Wholesale Sports – 63492 Hunnell Rd