I was down at the Bend Brewfest last night for a couple of hours, and I have to say it’s a really good event again this year, and—spoiler alert!—you should definitely get down there this weekend. (It’s going on today from 3 to 11pm, and tomorrow from noon to 11; not on Sunday though.)
- The earlier you get there, the better: I expect the crowd will get really busy Saturday (and later tonight), and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I like not having to wait as long for good beer.
- There are more food carts on hand than I remember from past years, which is good.
- More sponsors and vendor areas too, which is good.
- The “Brewtality Tent” in the southwest corner is very cool, with brewers on hand to talk about their beers as they go on tap at the X-Taps. Check this out.
- The X-Taps (and the Brewtality Tent events) are being scheduled and announced regularly, which is a really good idea.
- There’s a lot of beer there, which is always a good thing! Odds are there will be something for everyone, even for folks who don’t normally like all beers.
And, here are the pictures I took last night: