Happy Independence Day! I hope everyone has a safe and fun July 4th. This is one of my favorite holidays in Bend, with a bunch of things going on—here’s an itinerary:
- The Bend Pet Parade: Does free entertainment really get any better? At 10am the Pet Parade kicks off the festivities in downtown Bend, where people bring all kinds of pets (mostly dogs) to march through downtown.
- Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration: Immediately following the Pet Parade, Drake Park is filled with crafts, food, games, and live entertainment from 11 to 4. The Old-Fashioned Games run from 11 to 3, and on the Main Stage there will be live music.
- Deschutes Historical Museum Free Day & Ice Cream Social: Every Fourth of July the Des Chutes Historical Museum is open free to the public and they give out free ice cream to visitors, from 10 to 4.
- Bend Library Book Sale: Every Fourth of July the “Friends of the Bend Library” hosts their summer book sale at the old Administration building. From 10am until 4pm, fantastic deals on books of all kinds, as well as audio and video materials. For just a few bucks you can walk out with enough reading for the summer.
- Pilot Butte Fireworks: The fireworks show starts at 10pm and is always free (naturally) and lasts for about 20 minutes. Find a good vantage point and enjoy the show!
Have a great day!