One of my favorite beer events of the year is coming up this Saturday in Sisters: the Sisters Fresh Hop Festival taking place from noon to 8pm in Sisters’ Village Green Park.
Admission to the event is free and open to all ages. A souvenir taster pint glass is available, and required to taste the brews, for $5 and tasting tickets are $1 per 4 oz. taste.
“We have more breweries and more beers than ever,” said John Rivera, Events Coordinator for the Sisters Area Chamber of Commerce. “It’s really exciting to see the festival continue to grow with all of the enthusiasm for seasonal fresh hop beer. Make sure to come down this year and vote for your favorite fresh hop beer in the ‘People’s Choice Award.’ We’ll be giving away the very prestigious ‘Golden Bunny Award’ to the winning brewery.”
KWPK, The Peak 104.1, will kick start the Festival, followed by free live music by Lewi Longmire, Leif James, and Greg Botsford. A portion of the proceeds will benefit local non-profit groups and the Sisters Chamber of Commerce High School Scholarship Fund.
There are going to be 17 breweries pouring beer at the fest, more than ever! Here’s the list:
- 10 Barrel Brewing
- Bridgeport Brewing (Portland)
- Cascade Lakes Brewing Company
- Crux Fermentation Project
- Deschutes Brewery
- Fort George Brewery & Public House (Astoria)
- Full Sail Brewing Company (Hood River)
- GoodLife Brewing
- Harvester Brewing (Portland)
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School
- Portland Brewing (Portland)
- Ninkasi Brewing Company (Eugene)
- Seven Brides Brewing (Silverton)
- Smith Rock Brewing Company
- Three Creeks Brewing Company
- Widmer Brothers Brewing (Portland)
- Worthy Brewing
Really I can’t recommend this event highly enough, and I’m looking forward to it! Don’t miss out: Sisters is the place to be on Saturday if you like beer and you really like fresh hops.