The annual Santa Express food, clothing and toy drive is underway this week to help support families in need in Central Oregon.
Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express food and clothing drive is heading into Bend Neighborhoods Monday, December 2rd through Thursday, December 5th. The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire Department are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys (new toys are preferred) for families in need in the Bend and Central Oregon area. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa and the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
The Santa Express schedule is as follows:
Monday, December 2: Morning Star, Canal View, Wishing Well and Phoenix Park
Tuesday, December 3: Providence, areas North and South of Neff Road.
Wednesday, December 4: 13th, Harmon, Albany, Milwaukee
Thursday, December 5: Larkspur, Foxborough and Elkhorn
And if you’re unable to meet the Santa Express there are a number of drop points where you can donate new toys, clothing, and non-perishable foods:
- Bend Fire Department Fire Stations – Boxes will be placed as of Monday November 18, 2013 and will be there until Friday December 14, 2013
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Drive and Eastside on Neff Road
- City of Bend City Hall – 710 NW Wall St.
- City of Bend Public Works – Boyd – 62975 Boyd Acres
- City of Bend Public Works – Pilot Butte- 575 NE 15th St.
- City of Bend Police – 555 NE 15th St.
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B (They are providing discounts off of purchases with a donation through the first of December)
- Pappy’s Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd.
- Red Robin- 625 SW Powerhouse Dr.
- The Salvation Army – 515 NE Dekalb Ave.
- Starbucks – Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, across from Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St.
- Wholesale Sports – 63492 Hunnell Rd.