Thursday, February 20th, the Platypus Pub is teaming up once again with Columbia Distributing to present their second annual Winter Beer Festival. Last year’s event was a good showing so I expect it to be even better this year. From their newsletter:
This event will bring you face to face with many of the people responsible for the beers we know and love, from the brewers to the sales rep’s. The tasting starts at 6 PM with two brewery’s and rotating two others every 20 minutes or so.
This is a great opportunity to sample 15 great beers. Let’s call it a test drive before you buy. We will be raffling off some cool swag all night long.
Here’s the tap list they’ll be serving:
- Deschutes Brewery: Pine Drops IPA
- Deschutes Brewery: Winterweizen
- Bend Brewing: Big Bad Russian Imperial Stout
- Worthy Brewing: East Side Pale Ale
- Cascade Lakes: 20th Anniversary IPA
- BridgePort Brewing: Citra Hop Czar
- Pyramid Brewing: Super Snow Cap
- Full Sail Brewing: Vendell’s Veizen
- Sierra Nevada Brewing: Ovila Quad
- Sierra Nevada Brewing: Torpedo IPA
- Lagunitas Brewing: Rye Barrel Cappuccino Stout
- New Belgium Brewing: Yuzu Berlinerweisse
- Georgetown Brewing: Lisa’s Chocolate Stout (NITRO)
- Georgetown Brewing: Manny’s Pale
- Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider: Hallelajuh Hopricot
It should be a fun night, kicking off at 6pm and running for about 3 hours or so (at least). Note, however, they haven’t posted the schedule of what beers will go on tap when, so if you’re hoping for a taste of a particular beer, your best bet might just be to get there early and wait it out.