This Saturday, June 27, two of Bend’s breweries (the oldest, and one of the newest) are celebrating anniversaries!
- Tunes from B-side Brass Band
- Toast by Gary Fish 5:30pm
- Flights of Black Butte Birthday Beers including Black Butte XXVII
- 27 DIFFERENT beers on tap! (see a 27 theme here?)
- Birthday swag for sale
- Golden Ticket giveaways
- Samples of Black Butte XXVII
- Bottles and draft of Black Butte XXVII for sale
- LIVE music by Tony Smiley 6:30-10:00pm in the back alley
- Culinary specials
- Back-alley bash
It’s sure to be a good evening and you have to like the “27 years old on the 27th” theme—not to mention, they actually opened their doors on June 27, 1988—so this will be a fun one!
And then Crux Fermentation Project, which also has a tie to Deschutes in that brewmaster and co-founder Larry Sidor served as Deschutes’ brewmaster for a number of year, has their 3rd anniversary for which they are throwing their annual Cruxapalooza party on Saturday all day long (starting when they open at 11am):
One of our favorite days of the year! Come celebrate our 3rd anniversary with us and enjoy community, live music all day long, tasty food and of course, BEER! We encourage carpooling and cycling to this event.
SPECIAL ONE-OFF [BANISHED] BEERS:
1. Golden Sour—Crooked Stave Collaboration
2. Bretted Peaches and Pears Saison
3. Viognier Sour
LIVE MUSIC LINEUP:
12:30pm-2:00pm – Second Son
2:30pm-4:00pm – Three D
4:30pm-6pm – Phil Friendly Trio
6:30pm-8pm – 2nd Hand Soldiers
8:30pm-10:30pm – MOWO AKA Jason Graham
In addition, they posted this addendum as well:
PARKING IS LIMITED—Please consider alternate giddy-ups to and from the event. Just to sweeten the deal, we’ll enter walkers and cyclists into a raffle for Crux Gear (hats, growlers, Cruxapalooza shirts) with a grand prize of a $50 Crux gift card.
Plan accordingly! (And yes, you can attend both if you want!)