The annual BendFilm festival starts today, celebrating independent cinema for four days from the 8th through the 11th, and you can take a look at the staggering movie schedule here—but really it’s the parties that are where the fun’s at!
Fortunately I was sent a list of the official party events taking place, starting tonight, so plan accordingly! (Reprinted here below.)
Thursday, Oct. 8, 8-10 p.m.
10 BELOW AT THE OXFORD HOTEL – 10 NW Minnesota Avenue
Admittance included for Full Festival pass holders. Tickets: $35 in advance online, $40 at the door.
- Central Oregon’s hippest urban hotel is once again throwing the kickoff cocktail party in its swanky Minnesota Ballroom. The Oxford’s fine-dining restaurant, 10 Below, will serve a wide choice of hors d’oeuvres, complimentary beer courtesy of Boneyard Beer, fantastic wine courtesy of Elixir, as well as a no-host bar of 10 Below’s signature cocktails. Meet fellow filmmakers, film lovers and film supporters at this fabulous party to kick off a weekend of films and fun.
Friday, Oct. 9, 9 p.m. to Close (Ages 21 & Over)
Get Down @ Dogwood Cocktail Cabin
$10 Suggested donation
- DJ Mark Brody will keep the crowd moving all night long and Dogwood’s signature cocktails will keep them hydrated.
Saturday, Oct. 10, 4:30 to 6 p.m.
Meet the Filmmakers Happy Hour at Drake
801 NW Wall Street
FREE to the public!
- Join us at Drake, located on the iconic corner of NW Wall Street and NW Franklin Avenue in downtown Bend. Drake is Bend’s most beloved, swanky brasserie-style restaurant. Come mix and mingle with the filmmakers and enjoy some tasty appetizers as well as no-host happy hour wine, beer and cocktails. Here’s your chance to ask the filmmakers everything you ever wanted to know about their films and filmmaking.
Saturday, Oct. 10, 7 to 9 p.m.
Awards Reception and Ceremony
McMenamins Old St. Francis School – Fr. Luke’s Room – 700 NW Bond Avenue
Admittance included with Full Festival pass
Tickets: $35 in advance online, $40 at the door
- Join Master of Ceremonies Yancy Faulkner for a lively evening in the uniquely adorned music / event hall of the incomparable Fr. Luke’s Room at McMenamins’ Old St. Francis School where their delicious craft brews and heavy hors d’oeuvres will whet your appetite for the climactic announcement of winners in all categories of the 2015 BendFilm Festival — including the Audience Award winner and Best of Show. Hearty appetizers will be served as well as, you guessed it, beer from Deschutes Brewery – Bend’s most celebrated craft brewer – fantastic wine courtesy of Elixir, as well as a no-host bar for cocktails.
Saturday, Oct. 10, 9:30 p.m. to close
Blacksmith After Dark
The Blacksmith – 211 NW Greenwood Avenue
FREE to film lovers 21 and over!
- After the awards have been handed out, come celebrate with the winners! The Blacksmith After Dark is the perfect place to come and mingle with filmmakers and film festival attendees at the final event of the BendFilm Festival. This is the party where you leave nothing behind!