One thing I found while writing my book on Bend’s beer history was definitely a greater appreciation for our local museums. Both the High Desert Museum and the Deschutes Historical Museum are terrific organizations that offer fascinating glimpses into the history, environment, and culture of our region, and annual memberships in either (or both) would make a great gift for Christmas!
The High Desert Museum offers individual memberships for $60 per year, with other options available, and members receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited Museum admission for an entire year
- A 10% discount on admission for guests
- Exclusive invitations to special events and activities
- A 10% discount at Silver Sage Trading (20% on special days)
- Discounts on Museum classes, lectures and workshops
- A subscription to the Desert Sage Newsletter (quarterly)
- Email updates on upcoming events
- An exclusive Members-Only Event
They even have a handy gift form so you can order your gift membership right online.
The Deschutes Historical Museum membership is only $20 per year for individuals, which offers you free admission to the Museum for a year, guest passes, and their monthly newsletter. This was very useful for me when I was doing research for the book! And like the other form, you can purchase a membership directly online (through Paypal).