The new Pavilion on the westside off Simpson Avenue that started out as the ice skating rink is transition into spring and summer activities—and this week, from Monday the 18th through Friday the 22nd, they are offering a “Free Play” week to serve as a showcase for the upcoming activities. From Bend Parks & Rec:
All ages are welcome to drop in and experience such activities as basketball, volleyball, pickleball, badminton and classic yard games. Skateboarders and scooter riders can try out new skatepark features. Skaters and riders need to bring their own board or scooter and helmet.
The “Free Play Week” schedule is:
- 9:30 am – 1:30 pm: Pickleball, badminton, skatepark features and yard games
- 4:00 – 8:30 pm: Basketball, volleyball, skatepark features and yard games
Topping off the free community fun is “The Pavilion Summer Preview” on Sunday, May 1, from noon to 3:00 pm. Highlighting the facility’s recreation activities, the event is open to all ages and will feature:
- Court sports – basketball, volleyball, pickleball and more
- Lawn games and cornhole
- Skatepark features – bring your skateboard, scooter and helmet
- Live music and facility tours
- Summer program information and registration
There is no need to register and all activities are free. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase.