I hope your Thanksgiving holiday weekend is going well so far, and you survived the Black Friday shopping madness (if you partook). If you chose to forgo Black Friday, or even still need to supplement your holiday shopping, check out Small Business Saturday, largely taking place in downtown Bend tomorrow (on, appropriately enough, Saturday the 26th).
This Holiday Season, the Merchants and Community of Downtown Bend invite you to spend Small Business Saturday exploring lovely Downtown Bend! Pick up a Passport at the Downtown Bend Business Association’s booth in front of Mockingbird Gallery downtown on Wall Street and Minnesota. After you pick up your passport, stroll around town and visit one of the 50+ participating merchants. These merchants will stamp your passport (You need 10 stamps to enter). At the end of your shopping adventure, drop your completed passport off back at to the booth to be entered to win one of three amazing prizes (valued at over $2,000). This is a festive day downtown with many merchants offering treats (think cookies and cider) & ‘Black Friday’ type deals. You won’t want to miss it! No purchase necessary, bring your family & join in the fun!
This “passport event” sounds interesting, and they had the rundown of how it works here:
- No Purchase Necessary/Need Not Be Present to Win
- Get your FREE passport in front of Bellatazza on Wall and Minnesota starting at 10:00 a.m.
- Visit 10 participating businesses to get your Passport stamped.
- Return stamped Passport to the Shop Small booth by 6:00 p.m. for your chance to win gift basket valued at $2,000+! Two additional gift baskets will also be awarded – each basket will be stuffed with Downtown Dollars to be used at any one of 150+ Downtown Bend businesses.
- Shop Small Passport Event Winner will be announced at the Community Tree Lighting event at 6:30 – need NOT be present to win.
Regardless of whether you do the passport contest, it’s a great way to support small, local businesses this holiday shopping season.