Next week from Monday, December 5 through Thursday, December 8, the Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express returns for their annual food and clothing drive. Fire trucks will be driving through a different neighborhood each night collecting items.
The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire and Rescue are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys for needy families in Bend and Central Oregon. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
Monday December 5: Yardley Estates, McCall Landing, Wishing Well and Majestic
Tuesday December 6: Larkspur, Foxborough and Sun Meadow
Wednesday December 7: Providence, areas north and south of Neff Road
Thursday December 8: NW Crossing, Skyliner Summit
If we don’t come through your neighborhood you can always drop off non-perishable foods, new toys or clothing to:
- Bend Fire Department fire stations – boxes will be there until Friday 12/16/16
- Firkus Plumbing – 558 SE Glenwood Dr
- Trac Towing – 60366 Plateau Dr
- Pappy’s Pizza Bend – 20265 Meyer Rd
- Local Starbucks Locations:
- Westside on Century Dr.
- Downtown on Wall St
- S Hwy 97 across from Fred Meyers
- Cascade Village Shopping Center
- Eastside on 27th St.
- Central on Sisemore off of Colorado Ave
This is such a good cause, help out if you can!