- A number of residents spoke about trees and the city becoming a “Tree City USA” again;
- All seven Councilors voted “yes” to amend Residential Snow Removal agreements for an additional $120,000;
- John Isaacs, public affairs manger for Uber, was present to speak about and answer questions about Uber/vehicle for hire changes to the City code;
- On Uber/vehicles for hire:
- All were in favor of the reading for replacing the ordinance on Taxicabs with one for “Vehicles for Hire” to include/allow services like Uber, Lyft, etc.
- All were in favor of amendments to this ordinance requiring some form of appropriate identification on the cars, annual background checks of drivers, and an effective date of May 1, 2017
The next City Council meeting will be on Wednesday, March 1.