“Ukulele University” is a music and workshop festival being held next month by the Bend Ukulele Group, and it’s one of the more unique events I’ve come across lately. It’s taking place the weekend of July 20 through 22 and kicks off with a Hawaiian luau on Friday.
Our first annual event is a weekend dedicated to promoting the Aloha Spirit through friendship and ukulele music. Planned activities include workshops, jams, open mic, live performances, and the opportunity to spend time with good people from throughout the ukulele community.
It’s taking place at the Runway Ranch, which is just east of the Bend Airport at 22655 Peacock Lane, which is also host to the annual High & Dry Bluegrass Festival as well (something else I just learned!). You’ll be able to spend the weekend out there if you like camping—there are rustic tent and RV campsites available that will cost $10 for the entire weekend.
- $35 per adult for three day festival admission
- Children under age 14 admitted free with an adult
- Friday Night Luau:
- $16 per adult with purchase of three day festival ticket
- $10 per child ages 5 – 14 when accompanying adults with three day festival ticket
- $25 per adult for Luau and entertainment only
- $12 per child ages 5 – 14 for Luau and entertainment only
This sounds like a pretty neat event actually! Check out their FAQ page for the rest of the details (food vendors, dogs, alcohol, etc.).