The Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express is back again this year, the food and clothing drive that hits up various Bend neighborhoods for a really good cause.
The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire and Rescue are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys for needy families in Bend and Central Oregon. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
The Santa Express 2012 schedule is as follows:
- Monday December 3: Morning Star, Wishing well and Phoenix Park
- Tuesday December 4: Larkspur, Foxborough and Sun Meadow
- Wednesday December 5: Providence, areas north and south of Neff Road
- Thursday December 6: NW Crossing, Skyliner Summit
Santa will be rolling through the neighborhoods from 6 to 8pm each day. If you hear the sirens in your neighborhood this week, try to donate something and help out! It will help make a family’s Christmas special this year.
And, if you want to drop donations off directly (or the Santa Express doesn’t come through your neighborhood), you can do that at the following locations:
- Bend Fire Department fire stations (maps) – boxes will be there until Friday 12/14/12
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Dr and Eastside on Neff
- The Salvation Army at 755 NE 2nd Street, Bend.
- Goulart Chiropractic – 424 NE Franklin Ave
- Pappy’s Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd.
- Wholesale Sports- Dave Ferguson – 63492 Hunnel Rd
- Red Robin – 625 SW Powerhouse Dr
- Starbucks – Toys only (Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St