With Christmas fast approaching and shopping days running short, it’s time once again to do a local holiday gift guide, presenting a variety of locally-made products and local stores and shops to hopefully give you a number of ideas for your shopping needs.
I know it’s counterintuitive and not as exciting as beer or custom handmade mugs but have you been to the High Desert Museum lately? Both the High Desert and the Des Chutes Historical Museum offer up fascinating, fruitful experiences to anyone who loves history, local culture, and (in the case of High Desert) local biology.
So why not offer up a museum membership to someone who would appreciate it? At the High Desert Museum, membership benefits include:
- Unlimited Museum admission for an entire year
- A 10% discount on admission for guests
- Exclusive invitations to special events and activities
- A 10% discount at Silver Sage Trading (20% during the month of December)
- Discounts on Museum classes, lectures and workshops
- A subscription to the Desert Sage Newsletter (quarterly)
- Email updates on upcoming events
- An exclusive Members-Only Day
Individual memberships are $60.
Membership rates at the Des Chutes Historical Museum are $20 for individuals, and include free admission for a year, guest passes, and their monthly newsletter.