Central Oregon’s largest food festival, The Bite of Bend, is taking place this Saturday and Sunday the 28th and 29th, respectively. As a run-up to the main event, “Bite Week” is again taking place all this week featuring chef’s dinners, classes, and demos to whet your appetite.
The Bite of Bend will be taking over Downtown Bend and will offer up a number of things to do:
- Food and drink! Enjoy small plates for $1-2 from the area’s best restaurants.
- Top Chef Competition: Used to be the “Iron Chef” but it’s the same deal—six chefs in a culinary competition, featuring a secret ingredient and one hour to come up with a winning dish.
- Beer Run at noon on Sunday: “The Bite of Bend Beer Run sends participants along a 5k race loop through Drake Park to Alpine Physical Therapy and back through Columbia Park, enjoying the fine beer from 10 Barrel, Cascade Lakes and Deschutes Breweries along the way. Bonus prizes are awarded to participants in best costume!”
- Live music all weekend
- Wine and Spirit Walks: “New for 2014, be sure to save some time and room to partake in the plethora of wines and spirits that grace our region at the Wine and Spirits Walk.”
- Kids area and activities, of course, including a root beer run
Looks like it’s going to be a good weekend for it too so far—sunny and warm but not too hot, a good one to be enjoying a downtown festival.