Bend’s second-oldest brewery, Bend Brewing Company, is enjoying two decades in business this year, and this Friday the 20th they are celebrating 20 years in style, with a block party, live music, 20 taps of beer, and more! The theme will be “20 beers for 20 years” and yes, there will be 10 taps inside, and 10 taps outside in the beer tent (they are closing Brooks Street in front of the brewery for the tent and block party).
With that in mind here’s a beer list that I put together, based on what head brewer Ian Larkin posted on Facebook the other day:
- High Desert Hefeweizen
- Metolius Golden Ale
- Elk Lake India Pale Ale
- Outback Old Ale
- Pinnacle Porter
- Big Eddy English Pale Ale (aka Bitter)
- “M.C.” Session IPA
- Pollen Oates Oatmeal Stout
- Scottish Heart Scotch Ale
- Volkksekt Berliner Weisse
- Raven Baltic Porter (Bourbon Barrel Aged)
- Wicked Medicine Belgian Strong Ale
- Outback X Strong Ale
- Ching Ching
- Moon Tang “Tree D.A”
- Big Bad Russian Imperial Stout
- Scarlet Imperial Red
- Salmonberry Sour
- Lovely Cherry Baltic Porter
- Tainted Love (soured Lovely)
- HopHead Imperial IPA
- 20th Anniversary Outback XX – Brett-fermented Pinot barrel aged Strong Ale
Yes, 20 taps and 23 beers, so expect them to rotate out throughout the evening. With that many beers available, you might as well consider this BBC’s own mini-brewfest!
The party runs from 5 to 10pm, and is free to attend (though you have to buy your beer and food, of course). As to music, the Bulletin reports, “Local bands Popcorn Trio and The Miners will perform, with Tone Red headlining.” And I will be there as well, enjoying beer and selling copies of my book—in fact, I even posted some excerpts from the book regarding BBC’s early history over on my beer blog.
Make sure to stop by and help celebrate 20 years!